Step One: Connect Data Breach Risk to Business Results
Whether you're working for a managed security services provider (MSSP) or you're a corporate IT professional, you have to convince decision-makers to invest in security. The best way to do that? Put risk in terms of cold, hard cash.
N-able Risk Intelligence scans your network in real time for three kinds of threats-sensitive data, vulnerabilities, and inappropriate access permissions-and puts a financial value on the amount of liability you're carrying in your systems. By putting risk in financial terms, you put the facts in the hands of the decision makers, building a compelling case for the budget required to employ effective IT security solutions.
Step Two: Execute a Comprehensive Layered Security Strategy
Once you've convinced the decision makers, you have to roll out an all-encompassing strategy that uses the right tools. The N-able platform offers the most comprehensive IT security solution on the market today, giving you the best in proactive, detective, and reactive security:
The best defense is to prevent breaches altogether. N-able helps you do this with:
- Web protection that safeguards users from visiting malicious websites.
- Patch management for 40+ Microsoft and 80+ third-party application families, which helps close known exploits in those programs (including in Office 365).
- Mail security that stops incoming email threats including malware attachments, phishing, ransomware, and spam.
Of course, prevention plays only one part-when potential threats do crop up, you have to catch them immediately. We have you covered on that front, too, with:
- Managed antivirus that gives you rock solid malware protection.
- Failed login checks and rules to keep hackers from brute forcing their way into your systems.
- Active device discovery to let you catch rogue devices before they cause harm.
With solid proactive and detective security measures, you'll shut down most threats, but some will still slip through the cracks. To round out your security strategy, you need the ability to quickly recover systems to a safe state following a successful threat.
- Backup and recovery that gets you back up and running quickly after a disaster.
- Virtual server recovery to help you restore business continuity after an attack on your physical servers and workstations.
- Local backup that helps you restore even during an internet service disruption.
- Local Speed Vault that minimizes data loss by allowing you to backup more frequently at LAN speeds while still having cloud-based redundancy.
- Hybrid cloud recovery that provides on- and off-site data storage.
Step Three: Use Data-Driven Insights to Continuously Strengthen Security
Your job doesn’t end when you’ve deployed your layered security features—you have to constantly remain vigilant against emerging threats to ensure you provide the best in IT security services.
LOGICcards constantly scans your networks and endpoints for irregularities so you can prevent problems well before they happen. By using machine learning and big data analytics to analyze billions of data points across hundreds of thousands of networks, LOGICcards gives you data-backed insights that you can immediately apply to all systems under your management.