Step Two: Execute a Comprehensive Layered Security Strategy
Once you’ve convinced the decision makers, you have to roll out an all-encompassing strategy that uses the right tools. The SolarWinds MSP platform offers the most comprehensive IT security solution on the market today, giving you the best in proactive, detective, and reactive security:
The best defense is to prevent breaches altogether. SolarWinds MSP helps you do this with:
- Web protection that safeguards users from visiting malicious websites.
- Patch management for 40+ Microsoft and 80+ third-party application families, which helps close known exploits in those programs (including in Office 365).
- Mail security that stops incoming email threats including malware attachments, phishing, ransomware, and spam.
Of course, prevention plays only one part—when potential threats do crop up, you have to catch them immediately. We have you covered on that front, too, with:
- Managed antivirus that gives you rock solid malware protection.
- Failed login checks and rules to keep hackers from brute forcing their way into your systems.
- Active device discovery to let you catch rogue devices before they cause harm.
With solid proactive and detective security measures, you’ll shut down most threats, but some will still slip through the cracks. To round out your security strategy, you need the ability to quickly recover systems to a safe state following a successful threat.
- Backup and recovery that gets you back up and running quickly after a disaster.
- Virtual server recovery to help you restore business continuity after an attack on your physical servers and workstations.
- Local backup that helps you restore even during an internet service disruption.
- Local Speed Vault that minimizes data loss by allowing you to backup more frequently at LAN speeds while still having cloud-based redundancy.
- Hybrid cloud recovery that provides on- and off-site data storage.