Monitor Network Devices, Including Switches, Routers, and Firewalls
As you take on new clients, you need to be able to monitor everything on their network—not just servers and workstations—to help ensure more complete coverage. Without visibility into the whole network, you may lack the information you need to fully resolve issues.
The network device monitoring feature in SolarWinds® RMM was designed to provide visibility into the devices on your managed networks. This feature was built to allow you to quickly detect and monitor all connected devices, which can potentially help limit unexpected expenses and troubleshooting time from unforeseen issues—and give you greater control of the networks you manage.
The network device monitoring feature was designed to provide:
- Monitoring for a wide range of devices—Monitor your network devices, such as printers, firewalls, routers, switches, uninterruptable power supplies (UPS), and more.
- Easy discovery—Monitor devices on your user networks and search for devices under any subnet.
- Asset information—Import devices connected to each managed subnet with details such as MAC Address, IP, operating system, firmware version, and hostname.
- SNMP checks—Run checks for in-depth monitoring of hardware health, performance, and utilization.
Supported Monitoring Information
The network device monitoring feature was built to provide details about:
- Fan status
- Power supply
- Drive status
- RAID status
- Disk status
- Page count for printers
- Toner/ink level for printers
- Printer jams
- VPN status
- Battery levels
- Dell EqualLogic
- Dell SonicWALL