No hardware hasslesCloud Backup Storage for Enterprises
Break Free from Backup Hardware Headaches
There’s a reason businesses have been moving systems to the cloud—hardware can be a pain. Your team has to maintain the hardware, keep it updated with the latest software or firmware, and plan ahead for data storage requirements. When hardware breaks or runs out of capacity, you waste time searching for and installing a replacement.
The backup process can potentially create hardware headaches in two different ways:
- Local-only backups require an ever-growing amount of storage hardware that can quickly become expensive. Maintaining, expanding, and eventually replacing storage systems takes valuable staff time.
- Proprietary backup appliances may seem simple at first, but they typically require you to pay a premium price for vendor-branded commodity hardware. They also introduce a potential single source of failure if the backup process is dependent upon that appliance. What if the device fails or memory is full? How many backup cycles will be missed before it is discovered?
The SolarWinds® Backup cloud-first design reduces (or removes) these hardware hassles. The web-based management console is accessible from nearly anywhere, so there is no need to host a local application server. Your backups go directly to our private cloud with data centers worldwide—there’s no need to purchase, provision, or maintain local storage devices.
While your backups automatically go off-site, with SolarWinds Backup, cloud first doesn’t have to mean cloud only. You can choose to keep a local copy of your backups for the fastest possible recovery, using our LocalSpeedVault feature and an existing network share or hardware you may already have. Unlike backup appliances, however, the backup process is not dependent upon this local device, so if anything goes wrong there, you can rest assured your backups are still available in the SolarWinds cloud.
SolarWinds Backup is designed to help you:
- Spend less time managing data storage hardware
- Eliminate the need for proprietary backup appliances
- Reduce both upfront and long-term hardware costs
- No proprietary appliance required, helping eliminate the need for an upfront capital investment and allowing you to avoid long-term maintenance and repair costs
- Hosted, multitenant management console greatly simplifies the process of managing backups across customers and data sources
- Deployment designed for simplicity—simply push a backup agent to the target servers or workstations
- Cloud storage included in the price, with AES 256-bit encryption of your backups both in transit and at rest
- Optional local storage using the hardware of your choice for even faster recovery of your most important data