Cloud-first backup for physical and virtual servers
SolarWinds® Backup helps protect physical and virtual servers (VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V) with backups managed from the same console alongside workstation, document, or Office 365 backups. Storage in our global private cloud is included in the base price. Additionally, the system provides several recovery options designed to quickly and conveniently recover both servers and applications.
From full-image restores to recovery of critical applications like Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, or file- and folder-level recovery, Backup is designed to help protect servers and applications to let you focus on the business.
SolarWinds Backup offers
- Rapid Recovery: SolarWinds Backup uses the faster recovery source—from either your LocalSpeedVault™ or the cloud.
- Physical-to-virtual recovery: If your physical hardware is unavailable, you can recover the server as a virtual machine to either VMware vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V environments.
- Bare metal restore: Run regular backups of boot volumes, system states, applications, and system data, built to help you prepare for almost any disaster.
- Optimized resource usage: Following your initial backup, our proprietary True Delta technology tracks and backs up only changed bytes (rather than full files), facilitating faster backup processes, so you don’t need to schedule them during off-hours.
- Safe cloud storage: Our global data centers meet or exceed ISO compliancy, and backups use AES 256-bit encryption in transit and at rest.
- Availability: Our data centers use a minimum of n+1 redundancy on critical systems for power, environment, and internet access.
- Virtualization support: Backup natively supports both VMware ESX and Microsoft Hyper-V platforms.
- Comprehensive platform support: With support for Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, VMware vSphere, and Microsoft Hyper-V, SolarWinds Backup is engineered to cover an entire network. And we also archive application data from Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Exchange, and SharePoint.