Feature Backup for Office 365
Protect Your Office 365 Email
As businesses adopt SaaS applications and shift resources to the cloud, Microsoft Office 365 is quickly becoming standard. Cloud-based software can potentially help save you from the hassles of managing application servers, but it can also lead to a false sense of security if you assume Office 365 will handle all your data protection needs.
Data protection consists of two elements—availability and recoverability. Microsoft focuses on providing availability, but unless you choose a higher subscription level (E3 or ES), you may be unable to recover deleted items. SolarWinds® Backup for Office 365 Exchange is designed to complement and extend what Microsoft provides and allow you to retain an additional copy of Office 365 email.
SolarWinds Backup for Office 365 Exchange offers:
- Protection against email data loss: Users can often unwittingly (or purposely) delete important email. If this happens, SolarWinds Backup offers the ability to recover this data for up to seven years.
- Access to email for ex-employees: If employees leave and you don’t want to continue paying a subscription fee simply to store their email, Backup offers an additional way to retain and access their email data.
- Support for compliance: If you are responsible for an organization that falls under regulations with data retention requirements, Backup is designed to help you store data long-term.
- Affordable protection: If you want recoverability, you will need to purchase a higher-level subscription of Office 365. Alternatively, SolarWinds Backup for Office 365 Exchange offers an affordable backup to complement basic Office 365 subscriptions.
- Easy management: With Backup for Office 365, you can manage your Office 365 backups alongside your server and workstation backups from a single web-based dashboard.