Store Your Data for as Long as You Need and Set Variable Retention Policies
For businesses that fall under compliance regulations like HIPAA in the United States or similar regulations in other countries, data archiving is required for compliance. But even if your company isn’t regulated, strong data archiving is still a best practice. A good archive means you can retrieve critical data months or years later even if you thought it was insignificant at the time. SolarWinds® Backup's cloud-based storage is set up with a mechanism to clean data after a default retention period. You can even set a minimum number of file versions to maintain so you’re never left depending on a single backup version of an important file.
- Granular data selection: Whether it’s a file, folder, application, client operating system, or a complete server, SolarWinds Backup easily lets you select exactly what data needs to be protected.
- Comprehensive platform support: With support for Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, VMware, and Hyper-V, SolarWinds Backup's cloud-based storage solutions have your entire network covered. And we also archive application data from Oracle®, SQL Server, MySQL, Exchange™, and SharePoint®.
- Encryption: Archived data remains secure both in transmission and at rest via industry standard private key encryption that uses AES 128-bit.
- Security and privacy: All encryption keys remain private and are accessible only by the user. So you can rest easy knowing that data is secure and private.
- Centralized monitoring and reporting: Save time managing your archives with centralized monitoring and reporting.
- Custom archiving: Keeping data beyond the default retention period is a simple matter of selecting the backup data type to be archived and the desired archiving schedule.