Best Vulnerability Scanner
Implementing the best vulnerability scanner is the key to bulletproofing computing and network environments.
Whether it’s trying to keep pace with the latest evolving technologies or safeguarding against the continually morphing cyber threat landscape, most computing environments remain in a constant state of change. Because change happens fast, jumping onboard with the latest hardware and software applications du jour can expose companies to attacks — even if security controls are enabled and upgraded. More often than not, vulnerabilities pop up in the least likely places you’d expect.
With MSP Risk Intelligence from SolarWinds MSP (formerly LOGICnow), you can find the holes in your clients’ systems and make the case for investing in security.
Build Your Case for Network Security
As a managed service provider (MSP), you need solutions that deliver comprehensive scanning capabilities.
MSP Risk Intelligence from SolarWinds MSP includes powerful vulnerability scanning tools that empower MSPs to raise the security posture of their customers’ networks. It does so by exposing every vulnerability that can threaten computers and servers, software, network — all of which will impact a customer’s bottom line and dictate their success.
With MSP Risk Intelligence, MSPs can scan devices on customer networks, regardless of their physical location, in seconds, without having to deal with of permission issues each individual device. All scans are “lightweight” and performed locally in order to reduce the impact on network resources and the users who are utilizing them.
A key process during any scan is the tool’s ability to crawl through an application as it detects real and potential cracks in the software. After all, if you can’t crawl an application, you can’t scan it.
SolarWinds MSP’s vulnerability scanning tools use deep-scanning technologies to rigorously test application vulnerabilities and weed out anomalies that can invite cyber attacks from malware and other rogues.
A few of the key features of SolarWinds MSP’s vulnerability scanning tools include:
- Cross-device search capabilities that uncover vulnerabilities no matter where they hide. It searches entire networks all the way down to individual workstations and mobile devices.
- A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) database that contains the newest emerging threats. The CVSS database synchronizes with MSP Risk Intelligence nightly to keep scanning up to date.
- Support for detecting malware and vulnerabilities on Mac, Linux, and Microsoft Windows operating systems using the latest threat information in the CVSS database.
- Scanning email messages and attachments for vulnerabilities and threats.
- VPN scanning to detect threats whenever a new or suspicious device appears.
- Trending analytics show improvements over time and what systems are underperforming. You can compare monthly and weekly threat statistics sorted by operating system, remote offices, and other meaningful yardsticks.
- Discovering unpatched software across networks protects against threats directed toward vulnerable technologies such as Adobe, Flash, Java and more.
- Powerful grouping, searching, sorting and filtering options reveal everything from Java threats on servers to Adobe risks on notebooks so that you know about any threats and the systems they affect as quickly as possible.
- Data breach risk and remediation prioritization with combined intelligence correlate unprotected data and vulnerabilities with their calculated financial impact.
To maximize efficiencies, MSP Risk Intelligence combines its power vulnerability scanner with data discovery and permission access for one-click simplicity in a single pane of glass to provide MSPs with a comprehensive picture of their customers’ device risk.
Best of all, there is no hardware required. Simply deploy MSP Risk Intelligence and get results the same day. You can also integrate MSP Risk Intelligence with scheduling to get daily Data Breach Risk Reports about your customers’ devices delivered right to your inbox. The reports:
- Show what customer data is at risk and who has access to that data.
- Show where at-risk data is located on customer networks.
- Highlight vulnerabilities by each vendor and how severe they are.
- Indicate how attackers can compromise the at-risk data.
- Demonstrate the cost that your customers will have to pay if that at-risk data is breached.
To enhance readability, severity levels are organized into groups that make it instantly clear which vulnerabilities should be addressed first.Details provide the granularity you need to obtain specific details about vulnerabilities. Know where sensitive data is and who has access to it.
The report includes a “security number” calculated from each piece of unprotected data found on customer networks that identifies the potential dollar liability your customers face. To present an accurate picture of exposures, and allow MSPs to provide a compelling case to customers, the security number incorporates how severe the vulnerabilities are and how much unauthorized access there is.
MSP Risk Intelligence: The Best Vulnerability Scanner
Most vulnerability scanning solutions are not conducive to small businesses. They either require a significant amount of technical expertise, a lot of infrastructure, or both.
By comparison, the vulnerability scanning solution from SolarWinds MSP combines comprehensive vulnerability management capabilities with the simplicity of the cloud to protect your customers against threats.
The vulnerability scanner capabilities built into MSP Risk Intelligence helps MSPs prioritize threats by identifying which could cause the biggest issues. And with synchronization to the CVSS database, which is constantly updated by the SolarWinds MSP research team, customers stay protected and up-to-date against the latest cyber threats and newest vulnerabilities.
Most importantly for MSPs, it paints an accurate picture of vulnerabilities that will enable MSPs to onboard new customers as well as retain customer value in the MSP channel.
With MSP Risk Intelligence from SolarWinds MSP, your customers can rest easy, knowing that their networks are protected, with risks fully identified and quantified in dollars.
The First Step Toward Layered Security
MSP Risk Intelligence is just one piece of SolarWinds MSP's entire layered security portfolio. Keep your clients’ businesses safe by quantifying risk, implementing proactive, detective and reactive security measures, and learning from data-driven insights.
Learn more about our other solutions below:
About SolarWinds MSP
SolarWinds MSP delivers the only 100% SaaS, fully cloud-based IT service management (ITSM) platform, backed by collective intelligence and the highest levels of layered security. SolarWinds MSP’s products including Risk Intelligence, Remote Management, Backup & Disaster Recovery, Mail and Service Desk – comprise the market’s most widely trusted integrated solution.
Deployed on millions of endpoints across hundreds of thousands networks, the platform has the industry vision to define and deliver the future of the market. SolarWinds MSP provides the most comprehensive IT security available as well as LOGICcards, the first ever IT notification feature powered by prescriptive analytics and machine learning.
SolarWinds MSP’s passion is helping IT professionals secure and manage their systems and data through actionable insights, rewriting the rules of IT. For more information, visit www.solarwindsmsp.com.