5 ways threat monitoring can help
- Fast threat detection As an MSP, you probably already offer basic security services to your clients, such as patch management, antivirus, email security, firewall, and backup. Though these technologies aim to prevent attacks, they don’t necessarily do a lot when it comes to detecting potential attacks. Implementing threat monitoring with streamlined log collection and correlation helps you quickly identify threats in your managed networks without having to sift through logs for all the devices and systems across your customer base.
- Security monitoring Time spent on repetitive security tasks can be a challenge; it can also introduce human error, which could lead to cybersecurity breaches. Security monitoring tools help you increase threat-detection capabilities and reduce time spent on security tasks that are normally performed manually.
- Get alerted It’s hard to find a reliable and consistent source of threat intelligence, which can make it difficult to make the right calls regarding whether to investigate an event or let it pass. Having a sophisticated alarm engine with customizable rules and alerts helps you gain greater transparency into multiple security events. It also makes sure you receive only relevant alerts, and minimizes false positives.
- Simplified compliance efforts Having insights over incidents in managed networks via reporting can make life much simpler when it comes to regulatory and compliance audits.
- Remediation All in all, threat monitoring, and the intelligence it provides, helps you better understand the nature of incidents and threats. It equips you with the ability to create and implement remediation plans, adding value for your end customers.
How can SolarWinds help?
SolarWinds® Threat Monitor is a cloud-based security information and event management (SIEM) tool designed to help MSPs detect, respond to, and report on threats on their managed networks.
We realize these advanced security services may be daunting, so we offer you an easy way to add managed security services like Threat Monitoring to your service offering with the SolarWinds Threat Monitoring Service Program. When you sign up, you’ll partner with one of our approved Threat Monitoring Service Providers (TMSPs), who will offer security operations center (SOC) services on your behalf.
To learn more about the program today, click here to get in touch with our team.
Mia Thompson is product marketing manager, Threat Monitor, at SolarWinds MSP.