Manage Email Retention and Stay Compliant with a Tamper-Proof Email Archive
Email archiving is simply good governance for all businesses. It protects organizations against disputes and ensures that intellectual property stored in email is secure and easily retrievable. Additionally, companies in heavily regulated industries such as finance, medical, and legal are often required by law to keep copies of all their incoming, outgoing, and internal email communications. In the event of a legal dispute, keeping these copies of email files in a folder or in a backup solution isn’t enough. Legal procedure requires a clear chain of custody if email evidence is to hold any weight. SolarWinds® Mail Assure’s archive solution provides this chain, offering you security, compliance, and peace of mind.
- Secure off-site storage: Mail Assure stores archived email in the cloud, backing it up across multiple secure, geographically distributed data centers.
- Security as a priority: The archive capability stores emails using the Advanced Encryption Standards (AES) to protect them from prying eyes. Additionally, all transfers of messages into and out of the archive use Transport Layer Security (TLS) communication protocols for maximum security.
- Tamper-proof: Mail Assure compresses emails when archiving them, electronically sealing the records with a checksum that makes them tamper-proof. This verifies the authenticity of the emails, helping the legal team establish the integrity of messages within the archive.
- Compliant: Archived messages are stored in multiple data centers either in North America or Europe, depending on the location of the company. The geographic clustering enables European customers to comply with EU-based regulations on message processing and storage.
Search and Retrieval
- Search indexing: Mail Assure indexes content and attachments on demand, saving ingress time.
- Logs: When messages are found, they can be exported or forwarded out of the archive as attachments. These activities are carefully logged, which helps to preserve the chain of custody and satisfy legal obligations.
- Office 365: Mail Assure’s cloud-based model allows it to augment Microsoft’s online Office 365 service via a fully independent archive with message retention capabilities that can extend beyond Microsoft’s own.
- Microsoft Exchange: Mail Assure also integrates easily with Microsoft Exchange, helping provide outstanding enhanced security, reliability, and performance for Exchange servers. It also supports SMTP journaling for all internal emails.
- Compatibility with both cloud and on-premises archives: Mail Assure’s archive feature integrates with any on-premises or cloud-based email service including Gmail, Zimbra, Postfix, Exim, qmail, and Lotus.