Feature Backup for Microsoft 365
Data protection for Microsoft 365
As businesses adopt SaaS applications and shift resources to the cloud, Microsoft 365 (previously known as Office 365) is quickly becoming standard. Cloud-based software can save money and potentially help save you from the hassles of managing application servers, but it can also lead to a false sense of security if you assume Microsoft will handle all your data retention and recovery needs
While it’s true that some editions of Microsoft 365 include data loss prevention and litigation hold options, these are not the same as backup, and not every small business wants to invest in enterprise editions. These native options do not create a second copy of your data that is stored in a separate physical location, and they are not designed for fast restore of deleted emails or data.
Microsoft 365 Protection
Your customers count on you to help protect them against data loss. By deploying your own backup solution for Microsoft 365, you retain control over the retention and recoverability of your customers’ data in Microsoft 365 and can be ready to help them in their time of need. Whether accidental deletion or data retention requirements are your concern, the SolarWinds backup solution for Microsoft 365 is here to help you help them.
Managing backups for your customers from the same efficient dashboard you use to protect servers and workstations means you’ll spend less time on backup administration and more time assisting your customers.
- Protection against data loss: Users can often unwittingly (or purposely) delete important emails, or OneDrive or SharePoint files. If this happens, SolarWinds® Backup offers the ability to quickly search for and recover what you need without having to file a support ticket with Microsoft.
- Access to email for former employees: If employees leave and you don’t want to continue paying Microsoft a subscription fee simply to store their email and shared documents, SolarWinds Backup for Microsoft 365 offers an additional way to retain and access this data.
- Support for compliance: If you are responsible for an organization that falls under regulations with data-retention requirements, SolarWinds Backup is designed to help you retain and archive critical data.
- Easy management: With SolarWinds Backup for Microsoft 365, you can manage your Exchange, OneDrive, and SharePoint backups from a single web-based dashboard. See and manage backup status across your customers, and many device and data types.
- Automation: SolarWinds Backup helps you strike the right balance between automation and control. You can manually select which Exchange accounts and mailboxes you want to protect, or automatically add newly created Microsoft 365 accounts to the backup schedule
- Point-in-time restore: Exchange mailboxes are backed up automatically up to six times a day, and backups for OneDrive and SharePoint accounts are performed automatically up to four times a day, giving you multiple daily restore points. Choose the one you want, and recover fast.
- Data retention: Exchange data is retained for seven years, and OneDrive and SharePoint data retained for one year, giving you many potential restore points from which to choose.