Feature Backup Documents
Protect and back up critical business documents, affordably
Employees often keep working copies and final versions of important business documents on their local machines. Losing a document can mean wasted time or even worse if the data cannot be recovered. SolarWinds® document backup software is an efficient, lightweight solution that automatically finds business documents on workstations and backs them up twice a day. Additionally, the system offers self-service to end users—empowering them to recover documents temporarily lost due to accidents, ransomware, or hardware failures without needing to call the help desk.
Because SolarWinds backup document software doesn’t back up system states or operating systems, this feature can be offered at a lower price, providing you affordable protection against losing critical documents.
SolarWinds Backup Documents offers:
- Affordable backup: SolarWinds Backup Documents is our lowest priced data protection offering, designed to provide a lightweight “insurance policy” against document loss.
- Automatic deployment: Backup Documents can be deployed to each workstation automatically with no configuration required.
- Document discovery: Backup Documents is engineered to automatically find business documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and word processing files wherever they are stored on a local hard drive.
- Automatic daily backups: Documents are backed up twice a day automatically.
- 28 days of insurance: Documents are held for 28 days. You can choose from 56 different backup versions if a recovery is needed.
- End user self-service: Users can log in to search and select the backup documents they need to recover without involving technical staff.
For the most up to date list of supported document types please see our online help.