Feature Archiving Software
Archiving that stores your backups long-term beyond variable retention periods
For businesses that fall under regulations like HIPAA in the United States or similar regulations in other countries, data archiving may be a compliance requirement. But even if your company isn’t regulated, using backup archiving solutions is still a good practice.
The cloud storage in SolarWinds® backup and archiving software retains archives independently of backup retention configuration.
Because SolarWinds Backup bills you based on the amount of data being protected (selected size), your costs do not increase as archived data grows. Over time, this becomes an increasingly valuable benefit.
From full-image restores to recovery of critical applications like Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, or file- and folder-level recovery, SolarWinds cloud backup archiving is designed to help protect servers, applications, workstations, and Office 365 data, to let you focus on the business.
- Granular data selection: Whether it’s a file, folder, application, client operating system, or a complete server or workstation, SolarWinds’ backup software with archiving lets you select exactly what data needs to be archived.
- Comprehensive platform support: With support for Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, VMware, and Hyper-V, SolarWinds Backup is built to handle almost any workload. We also archive application data from Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Exchange, and SharePoint.
- Encryption: Backup is encrypted, in transit and at rest, using AES 256-bit encryption.
- Security and privacy: Encryption keys can be automatically generated, or you can choose private-key encryption, accessible only by the authorized user.
- Long-term archiving: Additionally, you can keep backup data beyond the default retention period by creating a custom archive schedule.
- Cloud storage is included: Unlike other backup and archiving products that require you to purchase storage devices or cloud storage separately, backup storage and archiving in our global private cloud is included in your price. Choose from more than 30 data centers worldwide.
- If you want to keep a second, local copy of your backups, you can do so using an existing network share or the hardware of your choice – no need to buy a proprietary appliance.