Feature Archiving Software
Archiving that stores your backups long-term
For businesses that fall under regulations like HIPAA in the United States or similar regulations in other countries, data archiving may be a compliance requirement. But even if your company isn’t regulated, backup archiving is still a smart business practice. If you receive a request to recreate data from an earlier point in time, archiving may be just the solution you need.
With SolarWinds® Backup, you automatically get 28 days of short-term retention, but for long-term storage, you’ll want to set up backup archiving. Archived data is stored in the SolarWinds cloud indefinitely, until and unless you delete it. It’s a great way to be ready for the unexpected, including situations where older data may be required.
With some backup products, long-term data archiving can get expensive. Because SolarWinds Backup bills you based on the amount of data being archives (selected size), your costs should not increase as archived data grows. Over time, as your archives and restore points grow, this becomes an increasingly valuable benefit. The more you archive, the lower your effective storage price per TB becomes.
From full-system restores from archive, to recovery of critical applications like Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, or file- and folder-level recovery, SolarWinds cloud backup archiving complements backup for servers, applications, workstations, and Microsoft 365 data, to let you focus on the business.
- Granular data selection: Whether it’s a file, folder, application, client operating system, or a complete server or workstation, SolarWinds Backup with archiving lets you select exactly what data needs to be archived.
- Comprehensive platform support: With support for Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, VMware, and Hyper-V, SolarWinds Backup is built to handle almost any workload. We also archive application data from Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL , Exchange, and SharePoint.
- Encryption: Backup is encrypted, in transit and at rest, using AES 256-bit encryption.
- Security and privacy: Encryption keys can be automatically generated, or you can choose private-key encryption, accessible only by the authorized user.
- Long-term archiving: Additionally, you can keep backup data beyond the default retention period by creating a custom archive schedule.
- Cloud storage is included: Unlike other backup and archiving products that require you to purchase storage devices or cloud storage separately, backup storage and archiving in our global private cloud is included in your price. Choose from more than 30 data centers worldwide.
- If you want to keep a second, local copy of your backups, you can do so using our LocalSpeedVault feature, and an existing network share or the hardware of your choice—no need to buy a proprietary appliance.