Store Your Data for as Long as You Need and Set Variable Retention Policies
For businesses that fall under compliance regulations like HIPAA in the United States or similar regulations in other countries, data archiving is required for compliance. But even if your company isn’t regulated, strong data archiving is still a best practice. A good archive means you can retrieve critical data months or years later even if you thought it was insignificant at the time. SolarWinds® MSP Backup & Recovery's cloud-based storage is set up with a mechanism to clean data after a default retention period. However, you can easily enable archiving of any backup data with a click of a button to help ensure that it stays for you as long as you need.
- Comprehensive platform support: With support for Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, VMware, and Hyper-V, MSP Backup & Recovery's hybrid cloud-based storage solutions have your entire network covered. And we also archive application data from Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Exchange, and SharePoint.
- Granular data selection: Whether it’s a file, folder, application, client operating system, or a complete server, MSP Backup & Recovery easily lets you select exactly what data needs to be protected.
- Custom archiving: Keeping data beyond the default retention period is a simple matter of selecting the backup data type to be archived and the desired archiving schedule.
- Encryption: Archived data remains secure both in transmission and at rest via industry standard private key encryption that uses AES 128-bit, AES 256-bit, or 448-bit Blowfish.
- Security and privacy: All encryption keys remain private and are accessible only by the user. So you can rest easy knowing that data is secure and private.
- World-class cloud storage: Archived data is stored in one of MSP Backup & Recovery’s secure global data centers. These data centers have 24/7 physical security and are all either SSAE-compliant or ISO-certified.
- Hybrid-cloud archiving: Your archived data is stored both locally and in backup cloud storage for redundancy and immediate availability.
- Centralized monitoring and reporting: Manage your archives from a central console and be instantly alerted to the status of each job.