SolarWinds MSP Sub-Processor List
Last updated July 16, 2019
SolarWinds MSP engages sub-processors and SolarWinds Affiliates to assist in providing SolarWinds MSP Services. Defined terms used herein shall have the same meaning as defined in the Software Services Agreement (“SSA”).
This document does not give You any additional rights or remedies and should not be construed as a binding agreement between You and SolarWinds MSP. This information is provided to illustrate SolarWinds MSP’s engagement process for sub-processors and set forth the list of third party sub-processors and SolarWinds Affiliates used by SolarWinds MSP.
Subscribe to this RSS feed to be notified when we update this page (note: you will need to cut and paste the "Subscribe to this RSS feed" URL into an RSS Feed Reader, e.g. Outlook's RSS Subscriptions, to monitor updates).
What is a Sub-processor?
A sub-processor is a third-party data processor engaged by SolarWinds, including SolarWinds Affiliates, processing Personal Data.
SolarWinds MSP recognizes that the use of sub-processors creates potential risks that must be properly managed. Before entering into any third-party relationships, we take deliberate steps to conduct an assessment of risk arising from the vendor relationship.
Any sub-processor who has access to SolarWinds MSP Personal Data are expected to demonstrate their security policies, processes, and procedures and prove that they are able to provide adequate protection of such data, including against misuse or compromise. For more information, see our Vendor Data Protection Requirements page.
SolarWinds MSP requires its sub-processors to satisfy similar obligations as those required by SolarWinds MSP (as Your data processor) as set forth in SolarWinds MSP’s Data Processing Addendum (“DPA”), including:
- Processing Personal Data in accordance with the data controller’s (i.e. Your) documented instructions;
- Ensuring personnel engaged in the Processing of Personal Data are informed of the confidential nature of the Personal Data and are subject to an obligation of confidentiality;
- Implementing and maintaining commercially reasonable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards designed to protect the security, confidentiality, and integrity of Personal Data;
- Informing and cooperating with SolarWinds MSP in the event of a security breach, to the extent possible; and
- Cooperating with SolarWinds MSP with requests from data controllers, data subjects, or data protection authorities, as applicable.
Process to Engage New Sub-processors
If You have executed SolarWinds MSP’s standard DPA, SolarWinds MSP regularly update the list of sub-processors that are utilized or which SolarWinds MSP proposes to utilize to deliver its Services. Pursuant to the DPA, You may object in writing to the processing of Your Personal Data by a new sub-processor within ten (10) business days following the update. If You do not object during such time period, the new sub-processor(s) shall be deemed accepted. If You object to the use of a new sub-processor, SolarWinds MSP may choose to:
- recommend changes to the Services or Your configuration of the Services to avoid Processing by the new sub-processor; or
- cease to provide You the particular aspect or feature of SolarWinds MSP Services that would involve use of the sub-processor.
Termination rights, as applicable and agreed, are set forth exclusively in the DPA.
The following is a list of the names and locations of SolarWinds MSP sub-processors, including SolarWinds Affiliates and third parties:
The following sub-processors provide the infrastructure to host Services and Service Data. Personal Data may be transferred to help ensure performance, availability, and reliability.
Services Specific Sub-processors
SolarWinds MSP engages the following sub-processors to help enable its Services. In order to provide the relevant functionality, these sub-processors have access to relevant Personal Data:
The following entities are affiliates of SolarWinds MSP. Accordingly, they function as sub-processors to provide the Services. Customers that use the Services may have their Personal Data processed by: