Remote Monitoring and Management Software
These days, many businesses turn to managed service providers (MSPs) to help manage their IT needs to increase their productivity and profits. SolarWinds MSP (formerly LOGICnow) meets this need. MSP RMM from SolarWinds MSP enables MSPs to monitor, secure, maintain and improve client IT operations — all from a single dashboard.
Top 3 Benefits of MSP RMM Software
According to Techopedia, “RMM is the proactive, remote tracking of network and computer health. RMM helps to enhance the overall performance of present technical support staff and take advantage of resources in a much better manner.”
MSP RMM provides you with the following benefits:
- System Security – It includes a managed antivirus application that deals with security threats in real time. It can also patch any system vulnerabilities.
- Automated Maintenance – It assists with the automation of updates and installations. Also, it can detect IT problems and help systems run at their peak.
- Productivity Improvements – It helps streamline processes for all MSPs and their clients through constant monitoring. It helps MSPs to correct any IT issues quickly without affecting a customer’s end users.
Better protection includes multiple layers of security.
It’s of critical importance for MSPs to be vigilant of client network activity — especially if some of them look suspicious. According to a recent survey by ESG research, 36 percent of respondents reported gaps in monitoring suspicious and malicious network activity with respect to endpoint devices. The same study found that 41 percent of businesses are not aware of applications that are installed on their networks.
With MSP RMM, you are covered from end to end:
- Layer #1: Quantify Risk – MSP Risk Intelligence scans client networks in real-time to find threats. It then monetizes the risk associated with each, so decision makers understand why investing in security is so important.
- Layer #2: Be proactive – Web protection, patch management and mail security features stop data breaches before they start.
- Layer #3: Root out threats – Let’s face it, you can’t prevent everything. But managed antivirus, active discovery and failed login checks and rules help you stomp out threats before they wreak havoc.
- Layer #4: Recover quickly – If a threat gets past the other layers, you need to be able to deal with it and get things up and running as soon as possible. MSP Backup & Recovery does just that. Bring systems back online in minutes.
- Layer #5: Stay updated – LOGICcards keep you on top of the latest data analytics to strengthen your security measures.
Key Features of MSP Remote Monitoring & Management
MSP RMM has all of the tools you need to protect your customers and grow your business. They include:
- Remote Monitoring – MSPs can remotely monitor a client’s networks. Any potential threats and IT issues can often be resolved before they develop into major problems for a client.
- Remote Control – MSPs can connect to clients’ networks from a single cloud-based dashboard anywhere in the world at any time to fix any IT issues, perform needed maintenance, as well as conduct secure sessions using encrypted data channels.
- Web Protection – MSPs can control bandwidth usage, block malicious websites and reduce productivity issues.
- Patch Management – MSPs can provide automated patch management to keep their clients’ software up to date and secure. They can easily download and install patches.
- Integrated Antivirus Protection – MSPs can implement antivirus protection that includes scan schedules, real-time alerts and analyses of potential threats.
- Active Discovery – Manage IT inventory from a central location. Automatic notifications occur whenever new devices are added to a network.
Remote Monitoring and Control
Enjoy complete visibility in real time for all of a client’s devices. Notifications are sent automatically about any device’s availability, performance, security and backup status. Also available are health checks for hardware and software across a client’s servers, workstations and laptops
Whether it’s a Windows, Mac, or Linux system, MSP RMM enables MSPs to track all platforms. In addition, it also can use SNMP functionality to monitor network devices, while simultaneously keeping track of smartphone and tablets. Also, checks can be run on all virtual sessions and virtual systems.
Remote monitoring enables MSPs to minimize downtime and interruptions. Whether command lines, custom scripts, system processes and services need to be run, MSSPs can remotely perform these tasks.
Scheduled maintenance tasks can be run during off hours, saving everyone time and aggravation. Additional time savings can be implemented because checks, rules, and tasks across sites, servers, workstations, and laptop can be standardized using bulk action. Further control is achieved by setting strong rules regarding access to data and systems that is based on an employee’s position in a client’s company.
Remote access puts you in front of any workstation is if you were in the office. Fix issues faster while lowering costs — proving the value of your services to your clients. Every connection is secure and doesn’t eat up a ton of bandwidth. Our Remote Background Management (RBM) tool lets you fix issues without disturbing your client’s users.
MSPs need to make sure that their customers’ businesses are safe, and their workforce is protected. They need to help the client control, monitor and deploy web policies to make their respective environments safer and smarter. That’s where web protection comes in.
With our web protection feature, you can block employees from visiting inappropriate or malicious websites. It’s easily customizable, too. For example, social media sites may represent a productivity loss for one client whereas it may be vital to another client’s revenue. Create your own filtering policies, web policies and blacklists from your RM dashboard.
Take advantage of robust reporting, too. Analytics on bandwidth consumption help you identify problems and take care of them. Automated bandwidth monitoring keeps you on top of daily usage.
MSPs are aware of the need that it is critical to install patches and update as they become available. Failure to deploy them in a client’s network may leave it wide open to hacking attempts and privacy risks. This may result in critical data losses or security breaches that could prove to be embarrassing.
With MSP RMM, plugins are updated on an ongoing basis. The constant need to patch a client’s servers, laptops and software is a time-consuming and repetitive task that must be performed outside of working hours to lessen or avoid major disruptions that can result in a significant loss of productivity.
MSP RMM now supports patch installation schedules that make it easier to roll out patches as well as roll them back, including the reasons for patch failures.
Additionally, a well-executed patch management strategy can solve many known security issues — up to 90 percent. The foundation of a well-planned layered security plan addresses the following issues:
- Patch approval workflow – You can roll out and manage patches across all clients and their devices.
- Patch failures – You can inspect and quickly resolve patch-related installation issues, including a Patch Failure Report that provides a detailed analysis. Any failed patches are included in the report even after any issues have been resolved, and patches have been successfully installed.
- Microsoft patch rollback – Microsoft patches can easily be rolled back if they cause any issues. MSPs can quickly limit the scope of any patches that have an adverse impact on a client’s environment.
- Monthly patch installation schedule – you can set up monthly patch installation schedules.
Managed antivirus keeps both known and emerging malware off servers, workstations and laptops with signature-based protection. It can now also protect against new viruses that use heuristic checks and behavioral scanning.
MSPs can also customize policies by modifying quarantine rules, exclusion settings, definition update schedules and much more.
More and more devices, everything from servers to mobile devices are now being added to a client’s business. Most employees now use several devices that need to be managed and tracked.
With active discovery, you can now track the information about each device that a client’s employee has. Whenever a new device pops up, you can find it and manage it before problems start. Active discovery also helps you bill appropriately and find opportunities for additional revenue.
Better Insight with LOGICcards
With LOGICcards, MSPs can now receive actionable, data-driven insights into their clients’ IT environments. LOGICcards provide prescriptive analytics based on collective intelligence and machine learning. This helps detect and predict critical factors, such as device failures and security threats.
For example, if there are too many systems in a client’s environment with unpatched software, LOGICcards send a notification about any devices that lack critical updates on their OS or applications. Your dashboard may look something like this:
Based on available data, LOGICcards helps predict any potential future problems, such as:
- Crashes that are caused by patch updates that have a high failure rate
- Needed software updates based on historical update trends
- User who may cause performance issue
LOGICcards can provide suggestions on how to prevent problems before they may occur and can do any damage. It provides you with a deep level of insight into how your clients’ security practices differ from prescribed or standard best practices. It can also suggest how to mitigate many of these risks that occur when users run unsupported software and operating systems.
MSP RMM: Sign Up for a Free Trial
MSP RMM is the No. 1 remote monitoring and management software platform on the market today. Start your free trial today.
About SolarWinds MSP
SolarWinds MSP delivers the only 100% SaaS, fully cloud-based IT service management (ITSM) platform, backed by collective intelligence and the highest levels of layered security. SolarWinds MSP's MSP products including Risk Intelligence, Remote Management, Backup & Disaster Recovery, Mail, and Service Desk – comprise the market’s most widely trusted integrated solution.
Deployed on millions of endpoints across hundreds of thousands of networks, the platform has the industry vision to define and deliver the future of the market. SolarWinds MSP provides the most comprehensive IT security available as well as LOGICcards, the first ever IT notification feature powered by prescriptive analytics and machine learning.
Our passion is helping IT professionals secure and manage their systems and data through actionable insights, rewriting the rules of IT.
For more information, contact us today.