What is Remote Monitoring & Management
Remote Management and Monitoring (RMM) is a feature designed to help Management Service Providers (MSPs) and IT professionals better manage workstations, servers, laptops, and networks. It’s sometimes referred to as “online monitoring,” “network management,” or “remote monitoring.”
As its name suggests, remote monitoring allows you and your team to remotely monitor a computer or network and manage all systems for your clients off site. Remote monitoring and management tools gather data regarding a network's applications and hardware. This allows MSPs to resolve IT issues quickly and effectively, from anywhere in the world.
For MSPs, a reliable RMM tool is a vital component in making sure that clients receive top-quality service. That level of trust, reliability, and customer satisfaction can allow you to take your business to the next level.
How Does RMM Work?
RMM services provide a set of tools for IT professionals that help monitor client servers, businesses, and workstations. These tools often include a ticket tracking service for errors and technical bugs, as well as devices to monitor any issues that may arise. Having an arsenal of the right tools at your disposal allows MSPs to provide solutions in a timely fashion.
From a single dashboard, SolarWinds MSP allows your team to monitor and control:
- Logged-in users
- Active Directory
- Mobile devices
- Network and IP monitoring
- Windows, Mac, and Linux OS updates
With the automated checks and notifications from SolarWinds MSP’s Remote Management Monitoring systems, you’ll be notified of any issues or errors the minute that they arise, giving you a head start on problem-solving.
What to Look For in a Remote Network Management Tool
Remote monitoring and management is only as useful as the capabilities provided by the tools available at your disposal. It’s also important to take into account the technical needs of your clients when making a decision about what tools and options to choose.
- Easy On-Boarding: The right tool makes it easy to connect to your clients’ networks and devices, saving your team—and theirs—time and energy.
- Pay-As-You-Go: SolarWinds MSP allows you to choose the precise number of sites or devices to be monitored and scale costs accordingly. As your company grows, we make it easy to increase your load in a scalable, flexible way that meets your needs.
- Professional Services Monitoring (PSA) Integration: If you are already using PSA software, it’s essential that your RMM tool integrates easily and seamlessly. SolarWinds MSP allows you to immediately integrate to begin monitoring and filing tickets with the Help Desk, Incident Management, or PSA tool.
- Automation and Reporting: Easily automate your daily processes for monitoring and maintenance. When it’s time to create reports, our RMM tool automatically generates periodic reports for the general status of your clients’ network. The tool also allows you to create custom reports based on your client’s specific needs.
- Patch Management: Manage any system vulnerabilities that can stem from multiple endpoints while automatically patching detected issues in bulk across all your managed networks.
- Security: Our RMM integrates best-in-class features to keep your clients secure through two-factor authentication, risk intelligence, IP address blacklisting for unauthorized users, and more.
- Mobile Management: By offering the possibility of managing mobile devices, you and your IT services have a key advantage over the MSP market, no matter where those mobile devices are connected.
Features of Effective Remote Monitoring
SolarWinds MSP offers the most effective remote monitoring for businesses by using state-of-the-art tracking software with the most advanced features available. This allows you to find the best and fastest solutions for management and maintenance functions for your clients. SolarWinds takes remote monitoring to the next level by providing a variety of options on one all-inclusive dashboard, including:
- Remote Control: Take control of any issue or problem anywhere in the world with remote access to monitoring and maintenance.
- Asset Tracking: SolarWinds MSP provides free asset tracking, including inventory management of installed software, authorized users, and configured software. This simplifies the change management process, as well as helps your team execute upgrades and hardware resets with the highest degree of efficiency.
- Web Protection: Our RMM service allows you to block malicious websites to help keep your clients’ businesses safe from security breaches while controlling bandwidth usage. Get real-time alerts for any suspicious activity, possible breaches, and excessive bandwidth usage.
- Antivirus Protection: SolarWinds MSP gives you the option of configuring antivirus protections on all workstations and servers to determine scan schedules. You can also quarantine all threat notifications before they’ve caused damage to your servers.
Without effective remote monitoring and management, your organization is at a higher risk for security threats, lost data, and network interruptions that can cost significant amounts of time and money. Try our remote monitoring solutions today. Sign up for a free 30-day trial—no credit card required! Let us help your organization operate at peak performance.
Take SolarWinds RMM for a Spin
If you’re interested in improving your MSP offering with a state-of-the-art RMM system, get all the tools you need to manage, secure, and improve all things IT within a single, simple, and cost-effective dashboard. Are you winning the IT services game? Find out how to make the most of your RMM with SolarWinds MSP.