Install Software Remotely
The amount of time and resources required to perform installs, uninstalls, upgrades, service packs, and patches can quickly consume a company’s IT resources and budget. Remote installation software eases this burden by enabling companies to automate the installation, deployment, management, maintenance, and uninstallation of operating systems and software applications to large numbers of remote computers and servers.
Comprehensive Software Solutions for MSPs and IT Professionals
Remote installation software is only one piece of the IT pie. Maintaining an organization’s computing devices and networks typically requires IT departments to use an assortment of other tools and applications. For example, a typical organization has:
- An antivirus application that isolates, fixes, or repairs viruses, worms, and Trojan horses
- A backup and recovery application for disaster recovery
- An application for guarding against network breaches
Before you know it, your IT staff is balancing a myriad of apps and interfaces while still trying to do their “real” jobs. And the future looks even busier than ever. By 2020, estimates suggest that IT departments will experience an increase of over 30 times the current number of different applications being used to manage remote devices, software, and networks. This increase is bound to have a direct impact on the size and efficiency of an organization's data center as well as their bottom line.
Consolidating Remote Management to a Single Dashboard
It’s a simple fact: the more windows, interfaces, and monitors that managed service providers (MSPs) and IT support companies have, the less they can manage at once. MSP RMM from SolarWinds MSP (formerly LOGICnow) eliminates this problem by consolidating the most comprehensive suite of remote installation and management software tools into a single pane of glass. This streamlined approach increases efficiency for companies of all shapes, sizes, and business models.
With a single click, MSPs can gain secure remote access to their customers’ computers without interrupting business operations. From there, MSPs can ascertain what is going on and where; check and update operating systems, browsers, and applications; troubleshoot problems; and address other processes and services—all from the convenience of a single dashboard. For even greater simplicity, this process can be performed on demand or in automated fashion at regularly scheduled intervals that best suit MSPs and their customers.
Here are some of the tasks you can perform from the MSP RMM dashboard console:
- Active discovery — Provides a broad view of users and devices connected to the network
- Detect new devices on the client network
- Detect changes to the client network
- Find devices on every managed subnet
- Show MAC and IP addresses, operating systems and versions, and hostnames for client devices on the network
- Limit contact with unmanaged devices from suspicious networks
- Automated monitoring — Provides real-time proactive monitoring for deep, accurate insight into client networks
- Multi-platform support for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
- Supports IP, network, SNMP, website and VM monitoring
- Immediate alerts can be customized to suit your requirements
- Email alerts inform you about potential and real failures
- Automated maintenance — Allows you to automate deployment of service packs, patches and scripts
- Secure Compliance — Applies all essential service packs, patches and updates automatically to maintain a secure environment
- Upgrade or standardize on latest operating system and application versions
- Install updates as set-and-forget deployments or customize to customer requirements
- Deploy third-party applications and patches
- Deliver the highest level of web protection
- Conduct prescriptive data analytics and data breach risk intelligence
- Perform asset and inventory tracking
- Manage and track mobile devices (Android and iOS)
- Robust Reporting — Generated in a variety of formats and can be branded for customization
- Antivirus and Web Protection — Protects against viruses, worms, Trojan horses, adware, botnets, phishing, proxies, spyware, spam, malware-infested websites and more
- Can be deployed to individual, select, or all computers, workstations, and servers
- Customize protection policies for meeting company mandates
- Quarantine viruses
- No-charge malware removal
- Online Backup and Recovery — Backs up data from individual, select, or all computers, workstations, and servers to secure offsite data centers. All data in motion or at rest is encrypted for unparalleled security
- Application Management — Manage client users, licenses, and Microsoft Office 365 and Google Apps mailboxes
- Remote Access — Access resources securely and seamlessly from any remote location with an Internet connection
MSP RMM Supports a Mix of Programs and Applications
Today’s enterprises are mixed environments that are not limited to a single operating system or application. That’s why MSP RMM works with a broad range of operating systems, browsers, and software, including:
- All security and non-security updates for Microsoft Windows operating systems and products such as Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office and more
- Today’s leading web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Opera
- Instant messaging client applications such as Skype and Yahoo Messenger
Remote Real-Time Architecture
To compete in today’s 24/7/365 digital marketplace, companies require instant responsiveness about their computing and network operations. Traditional 15-minute interval windows are no longer acceptable for providing feedback about computing and networking environments.
MSP RMM boasts a real-time architecture that supports immediate device communications. This forward-thinking architecture allows user checks, tasks, and scripts to be applied immediately in real-time. It also allows charts and reports on system status information in real-time to stay as up to date as possible.
MSP RMM also alerts you to issues by email, SMS, or dashboard, often before your client is even aware of the problem. The email or SMS alert provides insight into the cause of the problem, so you can fix it fast, avoid or minimize downtime, and keep the client’s user experience high.
Providing this ultra-responsive platform allows MSP RMM to stand apart from the crowd, thereby giving MSPs opportunity to drive more service revenue and close more sales. Delivering a proactive, highly responsive service helps ensure customer satisfaction and can demonstrate more value by enabling you and your customers to be at the forefront of emerging innovations.
Because MSP RMM is cloud-based, there are fewer capital expenditures and lower operating costs for companies that need their own monitoring solution.
Best of all, MSP RMM offers dependable and proactive IT support—an advantage being enjoyed by customers in over 100 countries worldwide. With MSP RMM, MSPs can stop small problems—often without their customers and users even being aware—before those problems have a chance to evolve into costly disasters.
About SolarWinds MSP
SolarWinds MSP delivers the only 100% SaaS, fully cloud-based IT service management (ITSM) platform, backed by collective intelligence and the highest levels of layered security. MAX products —including Risk Intelligence, Remote Management, Backup & Disaster Recovery, Mail and Service Desk — comprise the market’s most widely trusted integrated solution.
Deployed on millions of endpoints across hundreds of thousands of networks, the platform has the industry vision to define and deliver the future of the market. SolarWinds MSP provides the most comprehensive IT security available as well as LOGICcards, the first ever IT notification feature powered by prescriptive analytics and machine learning.
SolarWinds MSP passion is helping IT professionals secure and manage their systems and data through actionable insights, rewriting the rules of IT. For more information, contact us.
Try Remote Monitoring & Management Today
Get the tools you need to manage, secure, and improve all things IT—all within a single web-based dashboard.