Remote Desktop Monitoring with SolarWinds MSP
SolarWinds MSP (formerly LOGICnow) is the leader in cloud-based remote desktop monitoring software and enables managed service providers (MSPs) to oversee their clients’ desktop computer activity from anywhere. This capability allows for a faster turnaround when issues arise and increased productivity for everyone involved.
As an MSP, your clients look to you for a wide range of IT tasks, and the visibility required for such a wide spectrum of tasks demands a comprehensive solution that promotes 24/7 access to all networks and devices from a single web-based dashboard. That's what SolarWinds MSP provides in MSP RMM.
According to TechTarget, "Remote monitoring management (RMM) software products can offer various tools but have two main functions. Firstly, RMM software allows service companies to keep tabs on their clients' IT systems, including servers, desktops, applications and mobile devices, by supplying performance data and other reports that service technicians can review. Secondly, service providers can execute management tasks, such as patching, updates and service configurations, on the client's systems."
Layered Security for Comprehensive Protection
MSP RMM offers layers of security that make it the perfect go-to tool for MSPs. Multiple layers ensure that your clients are protected because where one tool ends, another begins. Remote Management allows you to deploy proactive, reactive and detective security tools that give you insight when needed and help you solve issues as quickly as possible.
Information Critical to Decision Making
With MSP RMM, you also have access to insight that no other software can provide. SolarWinds MSP gives you the learnings gained from analyzing over 175,000 networks, so you can make better decisions in real-time. This means that over 2 million endpoints are examined, and you have access to that information in a way that allows you to make real and valuable decisions.
One Solution Regardless of Technology Platform
Most ITSM suites focus on Windows, without paying notice to Linux of Mac. But, more and more businesses are operating with a mixed-platform. SolarWinds MSP is committed to feature parity across Windows, Mac and Linux systems so that you can serve any customer.
SolarWinds MSP Industry-Leading Remote Monitoring Platform
Remote Management provides all the tools an MSP needs to address remote desktop monitoring, including the following:
Proactive workstation and server monitoring ensures all machines operate at optimum performance 100% of the time. MSPs get complete visibility into managed networks to catch potential IT issues early, minimizing downtime and correcting problems within minutes.
- Application Monitoring: The application monitoring tools we offer provide thorough, limitless monitoring of your clients' business applications. Robust flexibility enables you to precisely tailor event alerts, resulting in outstanding client service at less cost to you.
- Database Monitoring: Our easy-to-use and quick-to-install database monitoring tools enable you to monitor critical events for a broad range of database types. You have complete visibility and control of your clients' database environment, enabling you to quickly and proactively resolve and minimize business impact from outages.
- Email Monitoring: Maintaining your client's Microsoft Exchange systems becomes easy and effective, resulting in greater email system security and uptime.
- Network Monitoring: SolarWinds MSP network monitoring, alerting and diagnostic tools provide effective, efficient network monitoring to enable you to quickly identify problems, display needed upgrades and deliver better network performance for your client.
- Network Security Monitoring: You can quickly analyze network security to ensure backups have been successful, antivirus software is current and any malicious threats are identified and addressed.
- Website Monitoring: Website Monitoring tools provide an easy, effective way of delivering maximum uptime. These tools can be used to check if a website or web application is responding, running and providing meaningful information.
Remote access allows you to access any desktop, server or workstation from your dashboard. So, you can do the tasks you need to without ever stepping foot in your clients’ offices or disrupting their day to day operations. Not only does this make your work easier and faster, it allows you to scale much more easily than if you had to have a physical presence.
Via remote access, you can accomplish the following tasks:
- Manipulate file systems
- Adjust system configurations
- Address performance issues and perform maintenance
- Manage services as needed
- Monitor for any service issues
As web threats are constantly emerging and evolving (upwards of 1 million threats per day), it is critical to have complete malware protection for your clients' internet environment. MSP RMM provides superior web protection that actively protects your clients' IT infrastructure from malicious threats by controlling bandwidth, blocking malicious websites, managing web usage to help beat bandwidth drain, reducing productivity issues, avoiding legal liability and securing the client environment from cyber attacks.
Keeping businesses safe requires all systems to be current with the latest patches. As you introduce and manage numerous workstations and servers, ensuring software currency can quickly become a nightmare, especially without a solid patch management solution.
Remote Management simplifies patch management and allows you to alleviate the chances of cyber attacks and performance issues for your clients. You can automate or manually execute patches so you’re confident your clients are safe.
Mobile device management is becoming increasingly critical as more companies embrace and migrate to a mobile workforce. A study found the following alarming cell device trends:
- 84% of employees use the same smart phone for personal and work usage.
- 47% of employees don’t have a password on their mobile phone.
- 51% of employees said their companies cannot remotely wipe data from mobile devices if they are lost or stolen.
- 49% of employees said their IT departments had not discussed mobile/cyber security with them.
MSP RMM has the tools you need to securely manage mobile devices including locking phones and setting passwords. Best of all, you can do it from your single dashboard.
You'll also find these additional features available through your remote management dashboard:
- Active discovery
- Automation and scripting
- Managed antivirus
- Backup and disaster recovery
Try SolarWinds MSP Remote Desktop Monitoring Software Free
Wouldn't it be great to have a web-based console that enables you to easily oversee any network at any time? SolarWinds MSP's hosted management and security platform will help you save time, cut costs and provide your customers with the peace of mind they expect from their MSP. And thanks to the many tools at your disposal, you’ll gain a competitive edge over the competition. Try MSP RMM free today and see exactly how we help MSPs around the globe.
About SolarWinds MSP
SolarWinds MSP delivers the only 100% SaaS, fully cloud-based IT service management (ITSM) platform, backed by collective intelligence and the highest levels of layered security. SolarWind MSP’s MAX products including Risk Intelligence, Remote Management, Backup & Disaster Recovery, Mail, and Service Desk – comprise the market’s most widely trusted integrated solution.
Deployed on millions of endpoints across hundreds of thousands of networks, the platform has the industry vision to define and deliver the future of the market. SolarWinds MSP provides the most comprehensive IT security available as well as LOGICcards, the first ever IT notification feature powered by prescriptive analytics and machine learning.
Our passion is helping IT professionals secure and manage their systems and data through actionable insights, rewriting the rules of IT.
For more information, contact us today.
CNN Money: http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/14/technology/security/cyber-attack-hacks-security/