Network Security Scanning Software and Layered Protection
Using network security scanning software is an essential step to identifying data vulnerabilities and keeping an organization's network secure. Vulnerability scanning software can detect both current and potential security holes, allowing for faster response time to threats of data loss and disaster recovery while preventing future issues before they happen.
SolarWinds MSP (formerly LOGICnow) provides a comprehensive and proven solutions platform for securing and protecting an entire network infrastructure end to end. It combines power and simplicity along with a proactive approach for identifying and solving IT problems — even before your customers are aware that a problem exists. Enjoy a powerful web-based dashboard that includes remote monitoring and risk management capabilities to protect your customers’ technology investments and data assets.
With SolarWinds MSP, you have the confidence of knowing that systems are safely and securely under control.
Vulnerability Monitoring With MSP RMM
MSP RMM is a layered security solution of complimentary security technologies working together to provide advanced levels of network security. The protection capabilities of MSP RMM include best-in-class antivirus; malware, phishing, and denial-of-service attack prevention; web protection, device discovery, network monitoring, data backup, and disaster recovery. MSP RMM has you covered from all angles of attack.
Key network-protection features include:
- Active device discovery provides total visibility of all devices connected to your networks.
- Asset and inventory tracking monitors client software and hardware, so you know exactly what assets your customers have. You can track and audit changes as they occur and confirm that the expected state of an application or device is the appropriate state.
- Automated monitoring provides complete 24/7 mobile and remote access using a single dashboard. This allows for simple and intuitive network security management, which in turn helps you provide timely and comprehensive service to every customer need.
- Automated reports can be sent to clients fully branded to show the vigilance you are devoting to their systems. Because reports are automated, there are a variety of available output formats, requiring minimal effort on your end.
- Integration and vendor support allows you to integrate MSP RMM with a variety of Help Desk, Ticketing, and PSA software tools. You can gain a holistic view of a company's daily workflow and results, and then streamline, integrate, and distribute resources where they are needed.
- Mobile device management offers true and effective mobile-management options for your clients.
- Web protection protects client servers against adware, botnet, malware, phishing, proxies, spam, and spyware.
- Web security prevents client end-users from visiting websites that host various malware activities that put their devices and networks at risk.
- Web filtering enforces web-browsing policies in the workplace. Whitelists and blacklists allow you to implement proactive Internet access controls to limit the websites that client end-users can visit and thereby prevent security breaches, avoid legal liabilities, and increase user productivity. Internet activity can also be filtered by date, time, category, and URL to expose trends, spikes, and other anomalies.
- Bandwidth monitoring alerts MSPs to excessive bandwidth activity on a client’s network. MSPs can quickly identify and resolve the cause of the issue before it impacts client business operations.
- Antivirus and patch management capabilities allow MSPs to offer their customers best-in-class protection to address threats before they become larger issues, increase and optimize bandwidth, and improve network performance.
Network Security Scanning With MSP Risk Intelligence
Translating network security risks into financial terms helps MSPs and IT professionals build strong presentations when tasked with determining their organization's or client's data security requirements. MSP Risk Intelligence is a risk-management software solution that places an exact dollar amount on the liability a business can face as a result of a data breach.
Risks and costs can be identified in minutes and then organized into meaningful indicators so that you know your risk posture to the dollar:
- Dollar-based financial risk
- Personally identifiable information
- Protected health information
- Payment information residing in storage
- Access permissions for sensitive data, regardless of location on the network
MSP Risk Intelligence also identifies real and potential vulnerabilities that can lead to a data breach — whether those risks come from email, malicious web downloads, or other sources — so you can tighten security everywhere you need it.
MSP Risk Intelligence comes with its own set of reporting tools to demonstrate concrete improvements to the bottom line, alert you to increases in risk, and allow you to react quickly before a disaster occurs.
Using these reports, you can:
- Find sensitive data across an organization, such as personally identifiable information (e.g., common 13- and 16-digit credit card numbers) and custom-defined file types, and then generate a dollar-based value that would result if this information was breached.
- Identify which devices across an organization are at the greatest security risk.
- Spot changes in the vulnerabilities and liabilities a network over time, so you can analyze trends, identify potential risk increases, and demonstrate improvements to a company’s risk posture.
- Drill-down to the device level for detailed granularity.
- Export reports in PDF, CSV, and Microsoft® Excel formats.
Protection for the Long Haul
At SolarWinds MSP, we don’t just provide remote-monitoring and risk-intelligence software and leave the rest up to you. We are committed to being your trusted and reliable partner and realize that the only way we can grow is if you grow with us. So we do all we can to provide the business blueprint for your success and offer the support you need — including great webinars on business and technical topics, a full set of sales and marketing materials, and local support.
About SolarWinds MSP
SolarWinds MSP delivers the only 100% SaaS, fully cloud-based IT service management (ITSM) platform, backed by collective intelligence and the highest levels of layered security.SolarWinds MSP’s products — including Risk Intelligence, Remote Management, Backup & Disaster Recovery, Mail and Service Desk — comprise the market’s most widely trusted integrated solution.
Deployed on millions of endpoints across hundreds of thousands of networks, the platform has the industry vision to define and deliver the future of the market. SolarWinds MSP provides the most comprehensive IT security available as well as LOGICcards, the first ever IT notification feature powered by prescriptive analytics and machine learning.
SolarWinds MSP’s passion is helping IT professionals secure and manage their systems and data through actionable insights, rewriting the rules of IT. For more information, visit www.solarwindsmsp.com.