MSP Monitoring Tools
The monitoring responsibilities of a managed service provider can’t be carried out alone. There are tools at the disposal of MSPs and other IT professionals that can help monitor assets more closely and clearly than ever before.
What are some of these monitoring tools, how can they be used by MSPs and what are the benefits?
Types of MSP Monitoring Tools
Some of the tools MSPs can use to monitor their networks, servers, applications and devices include:
- Host-based scanning that can bypass permission requests to measure the vulnerability of devices.
- Lightweight scans, which can scan assets locally as to not drain network bandwidth and resources.
- The Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS), used to uncover the latest threats with real-time visibility.
- Reports that can be customized, automated and exported for easy viewing.
- Permission discovery scans for ensuring only approved users have access to select data.
Monitoring the Effect of Tools
What can the right set of monitoring tools do for a managed service provider?
- Perform automatic scans when a new or unidentified user connects to a network.
- Monitor Mac, Windows and even Linux systems with equal visibility.
- Scan Outlook files for threats and vulnerabilities.
- Discover unpatched software.
- Project actual dollar values to vulnerabilities to better assess risk level.
The MSP Toolbox
SolarWinds MSP (formerly LOGICnow) is a cloud-based provider of MSP services that include a number of tools designed for the monitoring of IT assets and infrastructure. Threats will be identified and immobilized before they pose harm. Users will be shielded from fines and lawsuits stemming from HIPAA and other regulations. And most of all, clients and customers will be kept safe from harm.
MSPs everywhere use our tools to monitor their IT from anywhere. Sign up for a free 14-day trial of our MAX Risk Intelligence solution today and you’ll be monitoring your assets in just 10 minutes without risk or obligation.