Enterprise Data Backup
Data keeps growing. Big data, structured and unstructured data, transactional data, compiled data, captured data, user-generated data — and more. So much data! And as the technology landscape continues to evolve, the variety of data types keeps getting longer, with no end in sight.
This means there is more data to back up. As a result, organizations are looking for smart ways to address the avalanche of data flooding into the workspace. That's where enterprise data backup solutions can help.
Key factors to consider when looking for an enterprise data backup solution include:
- Preventing data loss – Whether accidental (natural disaster, human error or hardware/software failure) or intentional (hackers or disgruntled employees), statistics show that data loss in the workplace is going to happen eventually. The only unknowns are when, where and how much. For this reason, your clients require the confidence of knowing that their backed-up data is available at a moment’s notice.
- Recovering data quickly – When doomsday finally arrives, and you need to recover their data, clients need assurances that their data can be recovered completely and quickly when and where it is needed. Determining an acceptable recovery time can set realistic objectives.
- Maintaining data privacy – Data sensitivity is hard enough to manage in-house. When data is transported to a remote data center, it adds an extra layer of complexity. Data must always be protected in transit and at rest. Any miscue along the way could lead to the exposure of credit card numbers, Social Security numbers, protected health information and other sensitive data. Such a breach could ruin a company's reputation and hurt its bottom line.
- Total visibility – Ignorance is not bliss in today’s competitive 24/7/365 business arena. Companies need to see for themselves that their backup and recovery solution is guarding their data around the clock. To instill this confidence, MSPs need easy monitoring to keep tabs on all backups.
Cloud Backup Reigns the Day
Just as the technological revolution has spawned various data types, it has also produced a number of backup solutions. One of the most popular and secure is cloud-based backup.
A big reason is the data is readily available all of the time from any location that has an Internet connection.
Storing data off-premises protects it against anything that might be occurring at the office: fire, natural disasters (such as floods, storms, and earthquakes), hardware malfunction, burst water pipes, spilled coffee — even theft.
From there, the features and services offered by the myriad of Cloud-based backup providers vary significantly. For this reason, best practices dictate that you develop a list of the features that are important to your company, and then find the backup solution that can meet those requirements.
Once you do, you'll find that MSP Backup & Recovery from SolarWinds MSP (formerly LOGICnow) fits the bill. Here’s why.
MSP Backup & Recovery
MSP Backup & Recovery delivers the critical features that MSPs need to effectively manage clients of all shapes, sizes and budgets.
MSP Backup & Recovery allows you to back up data to one or more data centers inside and outside the US. Choosing more than one location adds resiliency and redundancy that safeguard your data and allow you to access backups from various repositories.
Regardless of which worldwide repository you choose for storing your data, you’ll have complete confidence knowing that every data center meets stringent ISO certification or SSAE compliance, while delivering a 99.999% uptime.
For organizations that prefer to keep complete control of their data, MSP Backup & Recovery allows you to back up and recover data from your own data center, too.
Security a Top Priority
Cloud-based enterprise data backup is only as good as the security measures it implements. And MSP Backup & Recovery delivers.
MSP Backup protects data in transit using your encryption of choice — AES 128-bit, AES 256-bit, or 448-bit Blowfish — to ensure you get the optimum combination of security and performance. And your data stays encrypted after reaching the data center. Only the owner of the data has the private key for unlocking the encrypted information.
Enjoy Complete Control
What happens if you lose Internet connectivity? With most solutions, you’re dead in the water until Internet access is restored. But not with MSP Backup & Recovery.
Hybrid-cloud architecture allows MSP Backup to use local storage as a redundant backup repository to keep schedules on track — even during Internet outages.
Enjoy complete control over the amount of data you want to back up and when. Automated or on-demand backups can back up as little as a single file or application, as much as an entire physical or virtual (VMware and Hyper-V) server, and anything in between. You can even choose the backup type best suited to your requirements and backup windows:
- Full backups allow you to copy entire data sets.
- Differential backups copy only the files that changed since the last full backup.
- Incremental backups copy only the files that changed since the last full, differential, or incremental backup.
Other key advantages that allow MSP Backup to stand apart from the crowd include the following:
- Agnostic platform support allows MSP Backup & Recovery to copy and restore data on machines running Microsoft Windows, Apple Macintosh, and Linux operating systems. Backup and recovery also extend to virtual (VMware and Hyper-V) environments.
- Unique altered data tracking, True Delta technology, deep deduplication, and WAN optimization features accelerate backup and restore times to minimize backup windows, without impacting Internet connection or business operations.
- Data archiving stores sensitive information as long as required by company, legal or regulatory-mandated time periods.
- File versioning allows you to go back as far as 10 previous versions of backed-up data files.
- Application Programming Interface (API) offers tight integration with professional services automation tools from Autotask, ConnectWise and other leading vendors. The synergy derived from this collaboration provides greater efficiency and improved time savings, while eliminating double keying to deliver an enhanced and streamlined service that ensures nothing slips between the cracks.
Layered Security — All From One Dashboard
MSP Backup & Recovery is just one tool in the toolbox that SolarWinds MSP provides MSPs. We offer the most comprehensive layered security suite out there. No more wasting time with a bunch of different software applications. With SolarWinds MSP, you can access everything you need from a single pane of glass.
- Make your case for more security investment with MSP Risk Intelligence. Help key stakeholders understand the importance of mitigating risk by presenting assessments in the form of real dollars.
- Implement proactive, detective and reactive security — take advantage of web protection, patch management, mail security, managed antivirus, active device discovery and more.
- Stay on top of your game with insights from LOGICcards, which analyze billions of data points across hundreds of thousands of networks
MSPs who rely on SolarWinds MSP keep 98% of their clients.
About SolarWinds MSP
SolarWinds MSP delivers the only 100% SaaS, fully cloud-based IT service management (ITSM) platform, backed by collective intelligence and the highest levels of layered security. SolarWinds MSP’s products including Risk Intelligence, Remote Management, Backup & Recovery and Mail Protection – comprise the market’s most widely trusted integrated solution.
Deployed on millions of endpoints across hundreds of thousands of networks, the platform has the industry vision to define and deliver the future of the market. SolarWinds MSP provides the most comprehensive IT security available as well as LOGICcards, the first ever IT notification feature powered by prescriptive analytics and machine learning.
SolarWinds MSP’s passion is helping IT professionals secure and manage their systems and data through actionable insights, rewriting the rules of IT. For more information, visit www.solarwindsmsp.com.
Dell Tech Page One: http://www.techpageone.co.uk/technology-uk-en/case-cloud-data-backup-growing-stronger/