EMC Backup Solution vs. SolarWinds MSP Backup Solution
As an IT professional, you want to choose a backup solution that is going to keep your team's critical business data safe. And it is important that the solution you choose offers features and benefits that give you the most for your money. EMC and SolarWinds MSP (formerly LOGICnow) both offer extensive backup solutions, but which one is right for your whole team?
EMC's Backup Solutions
EMC's Data Domain family provides IT professionals with scalable and cloud-ready protection storage software. Offerings include:
- EMC Data Domain Deduplication Storage Systems — Reduce storage requirements by 10-30x by consolidating backup and archive data on an EMC Data Domain Deduplication system.
- EMC Data Domain Virtual Edition — This operating system powers EMC Data Domain and provides the security, reliability and agility needed to deliver high-speed protection storage for backup, archive and disaster recovery.
- EMC Data Domain Software — This software enhances the value of your Data Domain system and includes advanced integration, inline encryption, network-efficient replication, long-term backup retention, and more.
- EMC Data Domain Operating System — The EMC DD OS ensures data integrity and recovery as well as integrates with existing IT infrastructure, such as backup, archive and enterprise applications.
- EMC ProtectPoint — ProtectPoint provides faster and more efficient backup while eliminating the impact on application servers. With ProtectPoint you can reduce cost and complexity by getting rid of traditional backup applications.
SolarWinds MSP's Backup Solution
Instead of having to comb through a suite of backup solutions to choose the best one for your company,SolarWinds MSP offers a single backup solution that allows you to control every aspect of data backup. Features include:
- Simplified workflow —SolarWinds MSP's backup solution integrates with most operating systems and applications, and our backup accelerator increases the speed of backups containing large files. De-duplication, altered data tracking and WAN ensures smaller and smarter backups. Local backup storage ensures you and your clients data is always backed up, even without an internet connection. And if you or your clients have your own data center, you can license SolarWinds MSP's backup solution for only the software.
- Faster recovery — Flexible recovery options enable you to recover anything from specific files to volumes to applications and more. Data archiving allows you and your clients to keep data longer than the regular backup retention period and easily access it at any time, and file versioning makes it possible to keep as many versions of files as needed. Recover data faster by allowingSolarWinds MSP's backup solution to automatically choose between local storage and cloud storage for the recovery source.
- More Privacy —SolarWinds MSP uses either AES 128-bit, AES 256-bit or 448-bit Blowfish private key encryption to back up data, and data is encrypted in motion and rest. Secure multi-tenant architecture enables you to manage backup and recovery activities from a single dashboard. Data is stored in our either SSAE compliant or ISO certified data centers worldwide.
In short, if you are looking for a data backup solution that encompasses all of the features you need within a single platform, SolarWinds MSP's backup solution, SolarWinds MSP is the way to go. To get started, sign up for a free 30-day trial of our backup solution today.