Picking up the Pieces with a Bare Metal Restore
Sometimes you just have to start from scratch, and for a computer system, that means a bare metal restoration. A bare metal restore involves taking a computer that has been damaged beyond repair and using its backed up data to restore the system on a different piece of hardware.
A bare metal backup or restore is a necessary part of disaster recovery. Events such as storms, fires, circuit shortages and hackers or viruses can wipe out a computer’s data and even threaten the installed applications or operating system as a whole. A bare metal restore strips the computer down to the skeleton and rebuilds the pieces.
Events that harm a computer system can be even more damaging to a business. A study conducted by the Brother International Corporation and reported on in Business News Daily found that:
- 77% of small business owners have had their company negatively affected by a technology malfunction
- 85% reported a decrease in productivity because of a technology problem
- 75% said a crashed computer is more disruptive to their business than a sick employee
How is Bare Metal Recovery Performed?
MSP Backup & Recovery by SolarWinds MSP is a solution for computer systems that have been compromised by a disaster event. Our simple and streamlined process requires no manual steps by IT managers or managed service providers to get the system back to normal.
- MSP Backup & Recover is fully compatible with Windows operating systems from Vista to 8.1 along with Windows Server 2008/2012 R2.
- Our bare metal backups include the entire operating system boot up, the System State and the applications, data and files.
- MSP Backup & Recover automatically selects the fastest recovery source available, be it local or cloud storage. When local storage is available, we can have a system back up and running in just minutes.
- Recovery can happen even without internet access.
- Failed physical hardware can be restored using nothing more than a USB drive.
- Servers that are unavailable or not functioning can still be recovered as a Virtual Machine.
Ready to add MSP Backup & Recovery to your disaster recovery plan? Start your free 30-day trial today, and ensure your systems are properly protected.
Business News Daily: http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/4166-small-businesses-computer-problems.html