What Is Data Backup?
What is the meaning of data backup, and how can you benefit from backing up important files? By backing up data, you can avoid the devastating effects of hard drive crashes or data lost to disaster or hacking. Backups allow you to have more peace of mind when it comes to your business or your clients' businesses. Many MSPs and IT professionals use cloud-based backup technology over external hard drives, since they are easier to manage and offer more protection. Your clients' information is critical to daily operations, so it is important to have multiple copies to keep business operations running smoothly.
Why Back Up Data?
Multiple industries need their data backed up: insurance companies that outsource their IT resources, hospitals, medical clinics, schools and universities, as well as smaller businesses and others looking to expand their IT stronghold. Recover important documents that have been lost as a result of natural disaster, server failures, viruses and more.
As an MSP, you can stay relaxed knowing your clients' information is safe.
Why the Cloud is Backup King
Having information secured off-site can be a relief for companies when their external hard drives fail, because with a backup, the business can recover the data and continue operations without missing a beat.
Here are a few reasons why cloud backup is growing to be more important each day to businesses across the globe.
Physical Data Backup Limitations
- Spills can damage flash drives
- Hard drives may fail due to moving internal parts
- Plugged in devices are prone to damage from electrical outages and spikes
- Limited amount of space
- Portability for home and student use isn’t conducive to business settings
- Less protection and recovery
Advantages of Cloud-Based Data Backup
- Access your data across multiple terminals, including from mobile phones
- Upload information instantaneously
- Many cloud services offer unlimited space for data
- Map data by files of images
- Schedule times for daily, weekly, monthly or automatic transferring rather than tedious drag-and-drop procedures
- Cloud-based software is often faster than hard drives
- Encrypt data, share files across the network and password protect documents
- Customer service linked to the software or cloud provider
The Data Backup Solution for IT Pros and MSPs
At SolarWinds MSP (formerly LOGICnow), we offer best-in-class security with 100% cloud competency. Back up your clients' meaningful data in five minutes or less with our cloud backup disaster recovery software and cloud storage. Start a free trial today, and see how SolarWinds MSP's backup software can simplify and improve your job.