RMM tools help MSPs improve internal technician operations and processes while keeping labor costs low. Your MSP is likely to benefit from using an RMM solution if you regularly encounter any of the following situations:
- Your customers have hybrid infrastructures which include on-premises and virtualized servers, as well as cloud systems. Implementing an RMM solution can help you consolidate all the data associated with these systems into one centralized place.
- Your support technicians have to perform many small, routine tasks, such as data collection, configuration, or patching.
- You want to reduce your operational costs by integrating your existing PSA software with an RMM solution.
RMM solutions can be useful in several ways. By establishing connections between RMM tools and client servers, you can ensure you’re alerted to critical system statuses, such as low disk space or errors in sending external emails via the mail system. This allows you to implement a solution, potentially even before your client is impacted by the issue.
RMM tools can also make you aware of necessary maintenance work, helping you to take proactive action and reduce downtime. An RMM solution also provides added value that you can pass down to your customers, who will likely be willing to pay for the assurance that their critical systems are safe and secure.
The value of integration
As we’ve discussed in this guide, RMM and PSA tools perform different functions—which overlap in certain areas. As such, MSPs can benefit from implementing both tools and using them in conjunction. However, achieving this in a cost and resource effective way isn’t always easy. An RMM tool that integrates with a PSA solution can provide a solution to this issue and offers a number of benefits, including centralizing control, minimizing training requirements for technicians, and streamlining work processes.
SolarWinds® RMM and MSP Manager provide the ideal combination of RMM and PSA capabilities. SolarWinds RMM integrates with MSP Manager to provide almost everything an MSP could need to deliver exemplary services. This enables you to allocate resources effectively, deliver prompt and proactive service, and efficiently bill customers with reliable and defensible invoices. With this integration, you gain access to easy-to-use remote monitoring and management capabilities, as well as ticketing, reporting, and billing for end-to-end customer service—all from within a single interface.
SolarWinds MSP Manager is a highly effective PSA solution offering a range of ticketing capabilities, such as:
- Quick ticket creation from any screen via a quick ticket feature. For example, technicians can use this feature while browsing through a customer’s assets, without having to leave the page.
- Rapid ticketing and documentation via the mobile application.
- Email to ticket creation option, enabling the automatic creation of tickets when a user submits it via email. Email correspondence between the user and technician will also be captured within the ticket to save time and streamline communication.
- Granular workflow settings let you open tickets in SolarWinds RMM and MSP Manager for issues you consider critical—then route them automatically to the appropriate resources.
- Remotely connect to impacted devices directly from tickets.
This PSA software for MSPs also helps you simplify logistics by giving you access to a range of quick and easy scheduling features. It includes the ability to schedule recurring tickets and appointments in just a few clicks, as well as track appointment details and billable time. These features are complemented by extensive billing functionalities, helping you streamline and customize your offerings, processes, and billing activities. MSP Manager supports batch invoicing and exporting, customizable billing options, and sample invoices.
These features are designed for scalable business models, enabling you to deliver prompt and proactive service, allocate resources effectively, and efficiently bill customers. MSP Manager also supports integration with multiple accounting software solutions, allowing you to export your invoices. SolarWinds MSP Manager’s ability to be integrated with SolarWinds RMM makes it one of the most efficient and cost-effective PSA tools available on the market. A 14-day free trial is available for MSPs interested in trying it out for themselves.