If you’re not familiar with EDR, it helps you prevent, detect, and respond to ever-changing threats—and recover quickly when ransomware or other exploits strike. Remediation and rollback (Windows OS only) help reverse the effects of an attack and restore endpoints to their pre-attack healthy state to minimize customer downtime. And all of this is available from a unified dashboard, so you can manage your devices smarter with either RMM or N-central. Full monitoring and management of your endpoint security from day one—from a single, easy to use dashboard—is a game-changer.
According to some projections, it’s believed that one business will fall victim to a ransomware attack every 11 seconds by 2021. That’s why the addition of the EDR feature in RMM is significant—many MSPs serving small-to-medium businesses face new cyberattacks both aimed at them as well as their customers. Not only can ransomware and other malware harm a business, it can have far-reaching implications for MSPs as well. The loss of a customer isn’t the only thing at risk; MSPs can be held liable for losses as well. Now, more than ever, threat protection that covers a wide spectrum is necessary.
Managing multiple integrations doesn’t have to be hard. All your tools, including backup, antivirus, EDR, patch management, and others are accessible from a single console. You’ll get a focused view of the entirety of your customers’ devices, via an at-a-glance status that allows for easy triaging of incidents and threats on all their endpoints. Let’s look at some of the features of EDR that make it a worthwhile addition to your security stack. You can use EDR in RMM and its automation features to:
- Deploy and update the latest EDR agent versions for Windows OS devices using native RMM functionality
- Quickly configure EDR policies, exclusions, and other settings
- Leverage PSA workflows to manage EDR alerts, including notification of device infections
- View the at-a-glance dashboard widgets for detailed or summary status on devices
- Reduce alerts and help mitigate threats without leaving the page via the Threat Center with enhanced status bar
- Automate platform service checks
Threat Data When you Need it
With so many threats emerging daily, MSPs can be short on time, but still need current threat data on a moment’s notice. As a result, both the N-central and RMM EDR dashboards offer you a convenient “Widget View” to give you the most important information needed to assess the current health of all your endpoints (Figure 2).
Figure 2: RMM EDR dashboard
These widgets include:
- Unresolved threats: investigate highest priority threats
- Infected endpoints: view endpoints needing inspection
- S1 agents requiring attention: uncover agents that need rebooting or other action
- S1 agent network status: see availability of agents
- S1 agent version coverage: observe agent version metrics in-network
- Threat detection by engine: assess threat types
There is much more for you to discover with integrated EDR. Whether you’re an RMM or N-central user, you’re sure to find a lot to like and a wealth of features to help you protect customers and grow your business.
Michael Tschirret, Sr. Product Marketing Manager, EDR